Back to Treatments After Surgery>>
- You may go up and down steps in moderation.
- Do not lift anything over 5 pounds.
- You may shower if your sutures are covered with a plastic dressing. You may walk as much as you feel comfortable.
Medication and Diet
- You may resume preoperative diet.
- Take all antibiotics if they are prescribed for you. Notify our office if you have pain not helped by Tylenol or prescription pain medicine.
- Resume any medication you were taking prior to admission except blood thinners and Aspirin.
Notify our Office of:
- Increased drainage from your wound.
- Trouble passing urine.
- Temperature of 101° or more.
Call our office at 865.690.3811 or 546.5590 if you have any questions regarding your care.