Back to Treatments After Surgery>>
- You will probably have blood in your urine - this is expected. You may even pass occasional blood clots.
- You may experience bladder symptoms due to the stent (voiding frequently or burning with urination).
- You may experience back pain when passing your urine.
- Notify the office if you accidentally pull the string on the stent and the stent is pulled out.
- You may have bruising of the skin on your back and flank area.
- You may have back and / or leg pain.
- You may not pass any fragments before your office visit.
- Resume activities as tolerated.
- Resume pre-op diet and medications as directed.
- Drink lots of fluid - 3 to 4 quarts a day (fruit juices, water, avoid: colas, teas and milk).
- You may shower. No tub baths.
- Call office if temperature is over 101° F.
Our office number is 546.5590 or 690.3811 and is answered 24 hours a day. For routine questions and prescription refills, call during regular office hours.