Back to Treatments After Surgery>>
- You will probably have blood in your urine - this is expected. You may even pass occasional blood clots.
- You may experience bladder symptoms due to the stent (voiding frequently or burning with urination).
- You may experience back or side pain when passing your urine.
- Notify the office if you accidentally pull the string on the stend and the stent is pulled partially out.
- Resume pre-op diet and medications as directed.
- Resume activities as tolerated. You may experience increased discomfort with strenuous activities.
- Drink lots of fluids up to 3 to 4 quarts each 24 hours (fruit juices, water, etc., avoid colas, teas, and milk).
- You may shower. No tub baths.
Our office number is 546.5590 or 690.3811 and is answered 24 hours a day. For routine questions and prescription refills, call during regular office hours.